Thursday, September 07, 2017

Irma (Updated)

I am still up north helping with mom's recovery, which is going extremely well, but I live in the southwest corner of Florida. As you can probably guess, I am keeping one eye on the Weather Channel almost continuously. Because I flew up even my car is in the potential line of fire. Of course a lot of other people are in the same boat and some have already lost everything in the Caribbean.

Kyrie eleison.

(Update: 09-11-2017 1425 EDT)
No specific word on the house yet, but everything I am reading from local news sources suggests that Fort Myers pretty much dodged a bullet. It sounds like the much feared storm surge was pretty much a no show and the wind damage locally sounds like your typical nuisance stuff... downed power lines, lots of tree limbs, some debris here and there etc.

1 comment:

unreconstructed rebel said...

Our prayers are with you.